A wedding is a complex affair; there are so many things to consider – the cake, the decorations, the entertainment, the guest list, the seating arrangements…
At DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro we'll help you take care of every last detail to ensure your big day is exactly as you imagined. From years before to the day itself, our team will be available to plan and implement your perfect day.
Months before the wedding
1) Visit our venues and choose where you want to host your ceremony and reception. Choose from the Strathallan Suite, the Macleaod Suite, the Wallace Lounge or the Stuart Lounge.
2) Meet with our wedding consultants and events team to discuss everything you dreamed of for your wedding day: tell them about your colour scheme, ceremony schedule, number of guests, food and drink preferences, entertainment and any unique touches you’d like to add.
3) Pick your perfect wedding menu and organise a menu tasting 4-6 months before your wedding day (any excuse to try our award-winning food, right?)
4) Choose your preferred vendors, pick audio/visual elements for the day, book your entertainment and any special add-ons – we’re happy to liaise with outsider vendors to fit them into your wedding plan and event order.
Days before the wedding
5) Your wedding consultant will be in touch to discuss the final details of your wedding.
6) You and your partner will be invited to the hotel to meet the operational manager who will run your event on the day – this is the perfect opportunity to finalise all aspects of the day and to ask any questions.
7) Once all the details have been finalised, an event order is distributed to the operational team, who will meet to review and discuss details of the event.
8) If the layout of the function room can be set up the day before your ceremony this will be done, however, this will depend on availability of the function rooms. If not available, the function room will be set up on the morning of the wedding, with staff starting from 7am or earlier. Depending on what you have organised, this may also involve third parties coming into the hotel, including decorators, A/V companies, photographers, bands etc.
The wedding day
9) On the day of your wedding all on-duty staff will be given specific duties to ensure every detail of your day is covered, from placing salt and pepper on the tables to polishing cutlery.
10) The operational event manager oversees the whole event and then double-checks every detail from your event order. They will also keep all processes within your timeline and manage third parties to keep them on time e.g. the photographer taking photos of the couple or the DJ starting the entertainment etc.
11) The operational manager will meet the couple on their arrival at the hotel and help each partner (and bridesmaids, groomsmen, father-of-the-bride etc.) to take their place before the ceremony.
12) Throughout the day the operational manager and events team will be on-hand to constantly liaise with you and your other half, as well as bar staff and the Executive Chef to make sure the event is running on time, including the drinks reception, speeches, the wedding meal, entertainment etc.
13) From beginning to end, our team will be visible and available to answer your questions and to source any last minute items you or your guests might need throughout the day.
Host yours here...
If you’re planning your wedding and you’re looking for a beautiful countryside venue to host an intimate ceremony or a huge family affair, check out what we have to offer at DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro. Traditional Scottish-inspired venues, world-class cuisine designed by Nick Nairn, stylish rooms and suites, a relaxing health club and lush grounds are just some of the amenities that make our hotel an unforgettable wedding venue.
Email our events team for more information.